Sports & Extra Curricular
Tzu Chi is well served by having top class facilities and sports coaches. Sport is a growing area of activity that we see as being an important part of our school. We currently run school teams in:
- Football (Boys and girls)
- Basketball (Boys and girls)
- Swimming (boys and girls)
Teams compete against other schools on a regular basis.
Recreational sports are offered which we intend to develop into competitive teams as soon as possible. Such sports are Volleyball, Badminton, Water Polo, Table Tennis and Athletics.
Extended Enrichment Program (EEP)
Extended Enrichment Programs (EEP's) are regular activities after the normal teaching day has concluded. Through EEPs we aim to:
- Enrich and extend what the school curriculum has taught
- Give experiences in new activities
- Develop personal leadership, team work and social skills
- Increase opportunities especially for Music and Sport
- Develop a commitment to the community with Service activities
- Have fun!
The EEP program will begin one month after the start of the new school year. Students and parents will be given the choice of activities during the first few weeks. Activities involving sport will involve a commitment to practice and competition matches.
Typical opportunities may include: Yoga, Aerobics, Tae Kwan Do, Football, Volleyball, Chess, Dance, Theatre, United Nations Assembly, extra English, Homework club, Photography, Robotics, Swimming, Athletics, Student Ambassadors and Learning Centre opportunities.